Changing narrative in Pathankot probe won’t help: CD Sahay, Ex-R&AW chief

by Saturday, June 4th, 2016

The statement by the NIA DG that there is no evidence as yet against the Pakistan establishment in the Pathankot attack created a controversy. However, the DG clarified that he was misquoted on this issue.

C D SAHAY

In the first place, one must understand that this was an issue blown out of proportion. The probe is about the Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) and it should remain at that for now at least says former chief of the Research and Analysis Wing, C D Sahay.

In this interview with newsroompost.com, Sahay says that he would not reach much into these statements.

Newsroompost: Was it necessary for the NIA DG to issue such a statement?

CD Sahay, Former R&AW Chief: Even if he said so, I do not see anything wrong in it. He had only said that so far there is no evidence.

Newsroompost: Do you think the Pakistan establishment was not involved?

CD Sahay, Former R&AW Chief: That is not the point here. The point over here is what we are probing. The NIA is probing the role of the Jaish-e-Mohammad. We need details on that first from Pakistan.

Newsroompost: Should it have been said so early that the role of the Pakistan establishment was not there?

CD Sahay, Former R&AW Chief: Once again, I would like to point out that we are not probing the role of the ISI. We are probing the role of the Jaish-e-Mohammad. From day one we have maintained that it was the Jaish-e-Mohammad which carried out the attack.

NEXT: ‘JeM must be brought to book first’

Prev1 of 2Next




  • BSE
    Axis India
    Copyright © 2015 Newsroom Media — All rights reserved Terms of use Privacy Sitemap Authors About us Designed & Developed by : YNG Media
    20 queries in 0.441 seconds